Tis the Season… 3!
Merry Christmas, Yall!
I know this time of year can be very challenging. Seasonal anxiety and depression is REAL. This challenge can come from all sorts of different directions- loss, loneliness, financial, relationships and more.
How do we “bring the joy” when we have no joy inside of ourselves? How do we even get out of bed when the 800lb Gorilla of depression is sitting on our chest ?
I’ll be honest, there have been times in my life when I haven’t felt the Christmas Spirit either.
But I have a very real answer for you… it requires you do something that will be difficult though. Are you ready?
Are you sure you’re ready for this advice?
Ok… here it goes!
Just get up out of your chair or off your couch and start doing Christmas stuff.
1. Put up a tree and light it up.
2. Buy a present for someone you love… even if it is for yourself.
3. Decorate your workspace… “bring some jingle bling to your office thang!”
4. Hang a lighted wreath on your door.
5. Find an angel tree and read the notes. Then pick one of the angels that touches your heart and buy them what they are asking for.
Just start doing… even if you don’t feel like it. As you are doing it, you will begin to feel it-I promise. And as you begin to feel it, you will help someone else get out of their funk and into the Christmas Spirit too!
Merry Christmas 🎁🎄 Ya’ll!
P.S. The picture up at the top is of a nativity scene that I built. I look forward to putting it out every year. God bless you all!