Who Is Killing Our Children?
I was doing some research and stumbled upon some interesting facts. Well, interesting is not quite strong enough of a word. I was more like, disturbed. We have all heard about the Pro-Life vs. Pro-Choice debate and the Separation of Church and State and the Supreme Court decisions that went along with them – Roe v. Wade about abortion and the Madeline Murray O’Hare case about getting prayer out of schools. The Case on Prayer in Schools happened on June 17, 1963. Less than 10 years later the abortion case was decided. Were these two cases somehow tied together? Did the one case lead to the other? Interesting questions that should get us thinking.
Let me give you some more disturbing facts that led to these questions and more:
1. From 1960 to 1980, the suicide rate among young men under the age of 24 more than doubled. Why? Some might attribute it to the Vietnam conflict but then why did it remain more than double for 30+ years?
2. The first reported school shooting didn’t occur until after June 17, 1963. Since then, they have grown steadily and more hideous and heartbreaking. Why?
3. In the late 1960’s to the early 1970’s, the infant mortality rate fell dramatically due to advancements in medical science. At the same time, legalized abortion took off and more than tripled in the U.S. from 1970 until today. So, our kids are still being killed.
4. Births to unmarried women also tripled during that same time, signalling a growing decay of morality in this country.
5. Then we also have a dramatic fall in the Birth Rate/Fertility Rate from 1960 to present. Why?
The statistics could go on and on and some will say that they are unrelated but I don’t believe so. It’s as if when prayer was taken out of school, God’s hedge of protection was taken away from our schools. As we continue to kick God out of every other aspect of our country, we continue to see tide of decay and destruction grow. Prisons are overflowing. The Federal System alone has grown by a factor of more than 10x in this same period. We have become the most incarcerated nation, per capita in the world. Are we the worst, most dangerous nation in the world? Have we ever been? Or is some thing else at work here that our rejection of God has opened up to us? I believe it has.
Psalms 9:17 says, “The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.”
In other places, it talks about people and nations being destroyed because they reject God, do not know Him. Is this what has happened to America? Have we, through our rejection of God as a nation, began to kill our kids and destroy our very own nation? I invite your comments, concerns and questions. There is much more here.
2 Timothy 4:2,5